hour 24: cue the music, it’s Grand Prize time!

by Jen on November 14, 2010

When I started up this all-day-all-night blogathon thing, I wondered what would happen in hour 24, and now I know.  I’m announcing the Grand Prize Giveaway!

The Prize package includes

• a handcrafted, matching collar & leash set from Paco Collars (collar value up to $100)

leash

• a Molly Mutt duvet + stuff sack + wash + conditioner + dog bed deodorizer

pk1110molly

pk1110joy2

Shoot.  If you win all that stuff, the only other thing you’ll need is a dog.

and an  ID tag.  So you’ll also win

fetchtagls

This is probably the best prize in the entire history of 2010 dog blogathons, and you could win.

You may remember this post, from the early hours of blogathon 2010, featuring the live recording of the Gladys Morning Song,  littleprickles (click on it to hear again).  I know, it’s pretty silly & bad, but she loves it and I bet you secretly sing to your dog too.

You do sing to your dog, don’t you?

To win the Grand Prize, simply submit your dog’s song*, sung by you/your family & friends, etc., to us by Wednesday at midnight PST  (11/17/10).

pk1110luther

This will be fun AND it gives you a few more days to donate to Natalie’s campaign.  <—————-over there, in the sidebar, with Paypal or your credit card.

I’m going to take a nap.  thanks so much for All of your donations (especially the one that just took us up to $645!)

*Submission options include a sound file or link to video(you do not have to appear in video) sent via email to jen@fetchingtags.net or you may call and sing to our voicemail  404.          523…3331

Teri November 14, 2010 at 10:57 am

Way to go Jen!

Lauren E November 14, 2010 at 11:08 am

Awesome job Jen!

Here’s my video in which I make a complete fool of myself! haha

Rebecca November 14, 2010 at 11:24 am

ohmygod, Lauren, that was awesome!!!
awwwww!!!!
You have courage. I do not have so much courage. Singing to my dogs (yes, all three of my dogs had/have songs) is such a personal and embarrassing thing because most of the songs are completely made up, are ridiculous, AND make absolutely NO SENSE. I guess that happens when you typically have so many nick names for your dog and you mess with the nicknames so much that you end up calling them something that is so far from the original nick name. And these off-the-wall nicknames are what MY dogs’ songs are made from.

Jen November 14, 2010 at 2:01 pm

come on, rebecca! If you sing under a stage name & use the dogs’ nicknames, no one will ever know that it’s you!

Brittany November 14, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Good point Jen. Do it Rebecca! I’m going to try this and I hate singing in front of people/people being able to hear it on a video.
I’m definitely going to try to do this since I have access to some pretty cool recording equipment in my digital media class. :o

Rebecca November 14, 2010 at 6:00 pm

hahahaha! “Yes, Rebecca, embarrass yourself so we can plaster it all over the interwubz! Dooo eeeettttt!”
I’ll *think* about it. hahahaha. Those are cool prizes.

amy November 15, 2010 at 12:22 pm

can we enter from the uk? and does it have 2 b us singing or can our doggies sing?

Mari-Lou November 15, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Way to go Lauren!!!!

Brittany November 15, 2010 at 1:16 pm

Got a camera, got the lyrics, now to film and rehearse when I get home. :o I’m excited now.

Barbara November 15, 2010 at 4:48 pm

Get excited…. I’m posting my video soon! :D

Dottie November 15, 2010 at 11:17 pm

Jen,
I have been trying to post my video but it keeps giving me an error so here is my song Mommy loves her puppys and her puppys loves their mommy oh yeah yeah and I just repeat that over and over to them and add there names in also I give them kiss’s

AC November 16, 2010 at 10:49 am

So, we got Beez two years ago from a high kill shelter and she came with some baggage from being abused. We saw this the most at night when we turned out the light – our little pup was afraid of the dark. She would howl and cry – it was heartbreaking. We tried to sleep with the light on for a while, but it was hard! At some point, i decided to sing to her and it started to calm her down in the dark.

I am not sure how my voice calmed her – believe me, she is the only one who could appreciate it! We tried a lot of numbers, but “If I Had a Boat” by Lyle Lovett seemed to be her favorite. As you will see, I take some liberty with the lyrics! This song puts her to sleep and this video is our nighttime routine – hence the darkness.

Beez curls in under my arm and i sing her to sleep.

Thank for the contest, Jen. I never thought i would want to share this ritual – but it was fun! But sorry that you have to listen to this cacophony!

AC November 16, 2010 at 10:49 am

sorry – forgot to leave the link!

Marnie Jones November 16, 2010 at 11:18 am

Do mule songs count? I sing to my Aussie Paisley, too, of course, but Fenway Bartholomule’s song is publicly available here at http://www.youtube.com/user/BentBarrow#p/u/5/yDQUfcMzNaM.
I’ll give you a call with Paisley’s ditty . . .

Aditi Czarnomski Terpstra November 16, 2010 at 4:29 pm

Okay, here it goes! This is a little video showcasing a simple, little song I made up and sing to Bella. Bella used to be one of my foster puppies. She was only 4-5 weeks old and 2 pounds when she was found, abandoned on the side of a road. She is now living in her forever home, but I still get visitation rights and am the designated “aunt”.
Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGviWLJIkFU

Aditi Czarnomski Terpstra November 16, 2010 at 4:36 pm

Oh my gosh, Marnie! That is an adorable song you sing to Fenway Bartholomule! He is adorable too! I love mules!

Lisa L. November 17, 2010 at 2:22 am

Our Carter is quiet the little ham, goofy, and a trouble maker (assuming there is mail, socks, or a tennis ball nearby to destruct). Maybe his “personality” is a reflection of his obnoxious owners? hehe. Some of his nicknames include man puppy, poopy baby, boojie baby, car car, baby baby no balls, long john carter, robo puppy, cartog, and many many more. He has two theme songs, one is an original usually sung when he has done something naughty “I’m Carter the talking poodle. What can I do with out screwin’ it up!” and our take on a rolling stones song usually sung when he prancing around without a care in the world “Im FREE to do what I want, any old tiiiime. Im FREE to do what I please any old timeeee”

Here is one of them, song by Carter the talking poodle…

Teri November 17, 2010 at 9:54 am

Clark, tagline “Hall Monitor”, is very vocal, so we sing a duet. Here is “You are my Sunshine” flannel PJs, morning hair and all. http://www.youtube.com/user/TeriArgoPhotography