Thanksgiving, the Gladys version

by Jen on November 29, 2010

These photos do not depict the stinking bull terrier that I caught red bloody headed in the middle of an all you can eat before they catch you feast in the woods this weekend.  On the menu?

IMAG0089

Freshly ripened deer carcass with choice innards & muscle meat, loosely wrapped in hide & hair (no time for bones).

No, These Photos

IMAG0090

were taken hours after the induction of vomiting & head washing & general upset that followed my find.

Donna and Zoe November 29, 2010 at 4:25 pm

Oh, Gladys! I do understand the lure of the wild and all its bounty, but you have to resist. You are domesticated. And you’re a little lady. You have to behave like one!

Zoe hasn’t been taken on a true hike in the woods yet. However, I did come downstairs about 15 minutes ago only to realize that she snatched a half-stick of butter from the kitchen counter. I know that if there had been a dead deer on the counter, she would have stolen it in a skinny minute.

Lori November 29, 2010 at 4:25 pm

And I thought Elmer’s fresh-killed bunny was gross! At least it was truly fresh and he wasn’t sticking his head in it. Ewww!!!

shannon November 29, 2010 at 4:50 pm

oh i feel your pain! my two have done that….it ranks up there with the time Lucky rolled in mare pee….good times…

Stephanie Sirenski November 29, 2010 at 6:14 pm

Poor Gladys silly dog. That name belonged to the elderly lady that lived next door that my mother took care of for 36 yrs. I’m thankful my BT Snoopy came home to me from the vet after spending two days trying to figure out what was going on with him for two months. End result, Masticatory Myocitis went through hell the past two months not understanding or knowing what was wrong with him, my poor baby. He’s doing better now, was under the table Thanksgiving begging but can’t have anything, strict rules and medicines he’s on. Prayinbg the rest of the tests come back negative. His Tag from here says Sir Fart A Lot, which the meds made him do quite a bit more, PU is all I can say. Just so glad he is home and feeling much better, didn’t celebrate his 11 birthday so we’ll celebrate together on mine on the 5th of December, had him for 11yrs now, want him forever. I love my baby. Gladys is beautiful, Snoopy would like her.

Bridget November 29, 2010 at 9:21 pm

aww poor sweet baby!!!

Jen November 30, 2010 at 9:23 am

Awww, I hope Sir Snoopy Farts A Lot feels much better soon! I’m sure Gladys would love him too. . .

Wanda December 10, 2010 at 12:07 pm

Poor Gladys. But she does look remorseful…..